Thursday, February 7, 2013

Birth Story

Well here is the birth story of our precious baby girl Brooklynn Ann Graybill... better late than never lol

My last post was in the morning after my last prenatal appointment... I had no idea that I would be going into labor that night :)

So on January 8th I had my OB appointment in the morning. At that appointment we set up a date for induction just in case our baby girl didn't come on her own and my doctor stripped my membranes too. After the appointment I came home and hung out with my mom and started to bounce on my birthing ball... When Bart got home from work we went to the store so I could do some walking. I was hoping that walking, bouncing on my ball, and doc stripping my membranes was going to get things going... After about 45 min of walking around Walmart we came back home, but I still wanted to walk some more. So Bart and I start walking around our apartment complex. As we were walking my contractions were becoming more regular but not realyl progressing in pain. They were lasting about 40 seconds coming every two minutes. So we kept on walking... finally when I couldn't feel my face anymore and I was starting to get really really cold we went back inside.

Bart and I sit down on the couch together get all snuggled up and get ready to watch a movie, at this point its around 10pm. I say we were sitting on the couch for about 5 minutes when I felt a huge gush of fluid... I pushed Bart off me and stood up and said... "I either just peed my pants or my water just broke." Bart's face at that moment was priceless! His eyes got all big and bright. Then the rush and panic set in for him. I went into the bathroom and sat on the toilet and even more amniotic fluid came rushing out. It was like I was peeing but I wasn't. It was a pretty weird feeling. Once it stopped I went t change my clothes and head to the hospital. Bart had the car pulled around bags and car seat all ready to go. :) I was standing at the door waiting for Bart to come back in when even more fluid started coming out! I could not believe it. My pants were completely soaked again! I felt like I lost 10lbs just in fluid in a matter of minutes. I wasn't sure what to do change my clothes or just get in the car and head to l&d. I decided to just stay in those clothes and head over.

When we get to l&d I get hooked up to the monitors and the waiting game begins. Then the nurse comes in to check and see how far dilated I am... She said I was a tight 1cm and only 50% thinned... Hmmm... funny because earlier that day my doctor said that I was 2cm and 70% thinned. lol... I think she told me that to make me feel better about myself haha. So they started an IV and started Pitocin to get the contractions going.

From that point we waited and waited and waited... During all the waiting I started to get really really sick. I was throwing up and spiked a temp of 101. During my entire labor my temp never went below 100. I really wanted to do this all natural but that was not the case. I was trying to focus and breath through my contractions while throwing up... I just couldn't do it. I labored for about 7 hours, but at that point I couldn't do it anymore and I had to ask for an epidural. The anesthesiologist that administered the epidural was great! She talked us through it and let me know exactly what she was doing and when. I was so nervous sitting there. They ask you to be as still as possible... But my whole body was shaking uncontrollably, they say that is normal during labor... Anyways so I am trying to be as still as possible, trying to not throw up, and trying to not focus on the pain of the contractions while she was administering the epidural. That was a challenge to say the least... But when she was done my pain was pretty much gone. It was great! :) I was hoping to finally be able to get some rest too...

Doctor comes in to check me after awhile and I was 3cm dilated. And that is when they started the internal monitoring and I was stuck in bed for the rest of the time. It took forever for me to dilate to 5cm. But once I got to 5cm it didnt take anytime at all for me to get to 10cm dilated. Doctor came in and checked me and said I was at 8cm 100% thinned. That was great! It was like a light at the end of the tunnel lol. Doctor said that we should have her by late afternoon ;) When she came back and checked me again I was 9cm... Getting so close! So after awhile she came back in to check me and I was still 9cm! Damn! I thought for sure I would be 10cm...

Something happened where doctor had to do a c-section on some lady due to bleeding and all that, so it was a little while till she was able to check me again. I was starting to get a slight feeling push, I felt some pressure down there, when the doc came in and said lets deliver this baby! I was so excited. Then she said well maybe I should check to see if you are dilated to 10cm... She said oh yeah you are def dilated I can see her head! I couldn't believe it lol. I sear within a minute there were tons of people in the room and I was getting ready to push! :)








 So after three contractions and 4 pushes our precious baby girl was born.













She was born right on her due date! January 9th 2013 at 2:37pm weighing 7lbs 10oz. She was/is absolutely perfect!
















I waited 9 months to meet this precious baby girl! I was so over whelmed with emotion I couldn't do anything but cry! I will cherish this moment for the rest of my life. I was so happy to have a photographer there to capture this!











                                                          Meet Brooklynn Ann Graybill








                                                                One happy daddy
















                                                                     
                                                                   Our little family




No comments:

Post a Comment