Saturday, June 16, 2012

1st OB appt

June 5, 2012...

Well I thought this day would never come! I was so excited and anxious to meet our doctor, get my physical, and hopefully get to see our little one for the first time. The night before, of course, I was restless, anxious, excited and nervous which made it absolutely impossible to sleep. Our appointment was at 10am, I got there a little early to fill out paper work, and Bart was coming from work to meet me there. As we are sitting there waiting to get called back I could tell that Bart was either really nervous or excited. So I asked him "are you okay?" He says, "I am so nervous Kim, I have already had to go to the bathroom like five times."  :) That made me so happy to see that he was experiencing the same feelings as I was. Our nurse finally calls us back and we go into our room, from there I have a physical and all that good stuff. Once all of that was over our doctor comes into the room to say that she likes to do a trans-vaginal ultra sound to make sure everything looks good and to make sure the baby is measuring to our expected due date. When she said that, Bart and I got the biggest smiles on our faces, we were so happy that we were going to see our baby!


So our doctor starts the ultra sound and she is having to move it around a lot to try and find the baby, my heart was not beating at this time I was thinking that maybe something was wrong, and then before we knew it we saw our little one on the screen! Our doctors says "he/she is really tucked away in there." We were all smiles at that point and I was already in tears.  Seeing our baby for the first time was absolutely amazing! Our doctor zoomed in and we saw our baby's heart beating, Bart almost started crying. He said "oh my god, that is amazing!" I could tell by his tone and how his voice was cracking that it was taking everything out of him to hold back the tears. His hand held mine a little harder and we just watched our baby for a few minutes. At that moment there was nothing else going on in our life, just tears and pure love! I will remember that moment for the rest of my life. After the ultra sound was over the doctor says that everything looks amazing and that the heart was probably beating around 170 bmp!!! Incredible!! 




In this picture you can see our baby's eye, leg bud and tail! :)
the circle that is above our baby is the yolk sac! 


Our next appointment is July 2nd at 9am! We will get to listen to the heart beat at this appointment and hopefully get another ultra sound! We have another appointment set for July 5th at 2pm for some genetic testing. Which will consist of blood work from me and an ultra sound of the baby to see the fat store on the back of the neck to determine the likelihood of our baby having down syndrome. Until then I will just be posting my weekly tummy pictures!

1 comment:

  1. Awwwwww so precious .. i swear by these blog posts...they are priceless memories :)

    ReplyDelete