Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Weekly Tummy Pic...










36w6d... Tomorrow I will officially have a FULL TERM BABY!!!! I couldn't be any happier!


Okay so I cant believe I am at the point where we could be meeting our baby girl any day... It could be days or weeks ;) hopefully not too many more weeks lol. A big part of me wants this little one to come right now, but the other part of me wants her to stay in there longer... mostly because my dad is set to fly in on January 11th... I want my dad to be at the birth more than anything... well he wont be in the room but just knowing he gets to be one of the first people to hold Brooklynn... My mom is planning on being at the birth as well... But she has the ability to up and leave whenever she needs too.. So I am sure she will make it here in time for the birth. :) I am very fortunate to have my family able to come and be with us during this time and for Brooklynn to have her grandparents by her side welcoming her into this world...






So here is a pic from last week and then this weeks pic... I can see how my belly has dropped a little... Right? haha














 And here is a pic from when I first found out that I was pregnant to now.... Ohhhh Boy... lol... Hopefully I can bounce right back ;)








So since my last update we got Brooklynn's bedding delivered I think the day after my post it was shipped :) Everything is coming together. Now we are just waiting for the arrival of our baby girl... The only big thing we still need is my breast pump but as of Jan 1st my insurance will cover one 100% :) So we will def be waiting to get that! They even cover the Medella double electric pump that we want.. saves us 300 bucks! WooHoo! Dad is getting our baby monitor for one of our xmas gifts :) and other than that there isn't anything else that we need for right now! Bottles and all that stuff will come after she is born. I will be strictly breast feeding until March so we have some time for that :) unless there is a problem and I cant breastfeed then we will have to run and get some bottles lol. All I have to say is that we are SO thankful and grateful for everything that our parents have got us for and for Brooklynn.. I dont know how we could have got such nice things without them! So a HUGE thank you to my mom & dad and Bart's parents Lou & Terry! We are so lucky! I dont think I could say thank you enough to them! Also a huge thank you to all of our friends and family members that have sent us stuff for Brooklynn too :) Every little bit helps and we are fortunate to have such great people in our lives.

So I had my first cervical check yesterday and my strep b test (ugh). Dr appointment went great. No weight gain haha and baby girls heart was beating loud and strong at 140 bpm. So doctor said that her head is nice and low and that I am 1 almost 2cm dilated. She said I am not quite at a two yet. She didn't say anything about being effaced I will have to ask her at my next appointment if I am at all... The cutest thing was when I texted Bart to tell him that I was 1cm dilated and his response is "so does that mean we are having our baby within the next 24 hours?" so cute!! I was like umm no sweetheart... I could be 1-2cm dilated for weeks haha... or I could go into labor at any time... it just shows that nature is taking its course and everything is starting to get ready for birth! Which makes me one happy mommy! She also said that my cervix is moving up which is good too... SO my next appointment is the day after Christmas. She said she doesn't have to check me at that appointment unless I want her too... And that they will for sure check me again at 39 weeks... But I will def have her check me at this next appointment too... I def would like to know if there has been any progress... So within the last couple days I have been getting some contractions that I can actually feel.. well some that have some pain associated with them. I have been getting Braxton Hicks for a while now... but within the past 3 days I have been getting some that are accompanied by menstrual like cramping pain.. This morning while I was laying in bed I have three or four of these within 20 or 30 minutes. Nothing too serious... Just makes me happy that nature is moving right along... the only difference is when these happen my belly/uterus doesnt get as hard as it does when I have a Braxton Hicks contraction... I am assuming they are still contractions though... Idk... First time mom dont really know what to expect... :)

Today I am going to finish up the last of my Christmas shopping and get my walking in for the day while I am at the mall... :) Still waiting for our maternity pics to come in the mail. :) As soon as we get them I will post them!

Statistics on Brooklynn...
~ 258 days old
~ 92.1% through pregnancy :)
~ 22 days remain until her due date
~ Brooklynn will be full term TOMORROW <3 I am so happy and excited we have made it to this point!

Oh and here is our ornament that we got for our xmas tree this year for our growing family! Anyone that knows me knows that I LOVE penguins and to be able to find this... ahh its just perfect! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment