Thursday, July 5, 2012

13w1d Ultrasound!

Well we had our ultrasound today of our little baby!!! :) It was so amazing seeing our little one on the screen! We got to watch our baby for about an hour today!

So I had no idea if Bart was going to be able to make it to the ultrasound today, because he had to work and wasnt sure if he could leave... So going into the appointment I was kind of sad bu also really excited to see our baby. I was fully prepared to record the whole session with my video camera that way Bart wouldn't miss a thing.

After I check in at the front desk I sit down in the waiting room to get call back... as I sit down, my phone started ringing... :) It was BART! :) He was calling to tell me that he was on his way and wold be there withing 10 min!

So right after I get off the phone with him the lady calls me back! :( I thought for sure he was going to miss something. We head into the room the lady explains whats going to happen and we get started.. First she looked at my ovaries and the blood flow to them, did measurements of them and my bladder, etc... the boring stuff, right when I see the baby there is a knock on the door... It's Bart he is finally here!!! Perfect timing ;)

We got 11 pictures of the baby and one video of the heart flickering on the screen! :) I love seeing and hearing the heart beating! Puts me at ease... :)

The ultrasound that we had done today was to test the fat store behind the babies neck, and determine the likelihood of our baby having down syndrome. She said that a measurement of 3 or less is considered low risk... the biggest measurement that she had for our baby was 2.4 :) that's great news :)  We will know the actual percentage in about a week from now.

Our little baby was soooo active in there! it was almost hard to believe that it was moving that much! whenever the u/s lady would press down on the baby, it looked like our baby would push back! Made me laugh! I was all smiles at this ultrasound! Our baby would turn from side to side and at one point was completely flipped upside down :) a little wild one in there, just like it's dad ;)

I cant wait to actually feel our baby move for the first time! I am hoping it happens within the next 3 or 4 weeks! :) It's crazy to see my baby move so much in there and not feel a thing!! Especially seeing how drastic its movements are sometimes :)

We have our next OB visit July 31st at 8:50am... I will be 16w6d... Cant wait to go and hear our baby's heart beating again... My doctor said at that appointment she will start measuring the size of my uterus! :) I am looking forward to seeing how much growth there is in my uterus between doctor visits! :) at that appointment I will be getting the order to make my appointment for the anatomy scan and the gender reveal! ;)

Well here are the pictures from the ultrasound...





 That little black circle is our baby's stomach ;)




Front view of face



Spine ;) 



Our little baby's foot!!! Love this pic :) 











Baby's legs... looks like little frog legs! haha




Arms and hands :) 





Profile 



Another frontal


Frontal with hand up by eye :) 



Side view with hand up by mouth












Here is a very very short video of our baby's heart beating... There is no sound just a little flicker on the screen :) Ultrasound tech said heart was beating at 157bpm ;)





I hope everyone has a good weekend! :) I will post on Tuesday my 13w6d tummy pic! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment