Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Weekly Tummy Pic...

Okay so here is my 15w6d tummy picture! <3





15w6d <3



Okay so I had a little fun with this new app on my phone lol... clearly baby is on the left.. top pic 4w-ish second 8w-ish third 12w-ish finally 16w-ish.












So I am excited that I will be 16weeks tomorrow! Only 3 weeks and 1 or 2 days until we will find ou the gender of our baby! aahhh it is coming up so fast! Our next appointment is in exactly 7 days! woohoo... I cant wait to hear the baby heartbeat again, go over the results from the NT, start measuring my belly, oh and weight :/ lol... I am anxious to see how much weight I have gained since my last appointment.... So far in my pregnancy I have gained 2.7lbs. which I guess isn't too bad considering I wasn't really throwing up during my first trimester.... well not as much as most women.

A little personal note... At my first appointment when I was 8w6d doctor saw a cyst on one of my ovaries... it measured at 5 something... I think it was mm... she was not concerned with it at all, she said that is was normal, usually an accumulation of fluid from the ovary that the egg was released from... She also went on to say that it usually goes away on its own and that they dont really worry about it until it is about 6 or 7mm... I was really worried bt she told me not to worry and that they will keep an eye on it...

So when we went to our last ultrasound for the NT test, they looked at everything baby and ovaries, bladder, things like that... They saw the cyst that is still on my right ovary... she measured it and it was now at 6.5mm... so it has grown... awesome! That was exactly what I didnt want to hear.. adn it is now in the size range that my doctor said thats when they start worrying about it... hmm... time to worry I think yes... Bart still isnt too worried about it, but I am... extremely... The ultrasound tech checked the blood flow to the ovary and listed to it as well... She said that it has good blood flow, and there is no blockage or anything like that... Yes, that is a little reassuring, but she then goes into asking me questions about cramping stuff like that... ugh thanks for putting me on edge again... She said that she will give all of these results to my doctor... hmm okay thanks... but then we got to see baby and that made the entire situation better... :)

Its clearly a bigger issue for me now... I plan on sitting down and talking to my doctor about this and figuring out what is next as far as the cyst goes... I will ask at our next appointment if they can do an ultrasound to see if it has grown anymore since I was 13 weeks... That would be awesome if they did cuz then maybe I could get a little peak at the baby too! ;)

What to expect from baby for week 16....

Your baby's head-to-body ratio is starting to even out, as the rest of their body - including their arms and legs (the better to kick you with!) plays catch-up.
Your baby's reflexive movements are increasingly developed, and improved muscle control allows it to grasp things with its hands
the baby's legs are now longer than its arms...
it is making more and more amniotic fluid by voiding. It will empty its bladder every 40-45 minutes...
Your little one will begin developing sleep and wake cycles, which are generally short, relative to those in a term baby...
The bones inside your baby's body are hardening, and those tiny legs and arms are completely formed...
Even though your baby's eyes are still closed for the time being, they are making little movements, and even have the ability to sense changes in light through the eyelids... <3


What I can expect for week 16....

Amazingly, our baby is doing acrobatics with back-flips and somersaults, but you may only feel "butterflies" in your stomach... <3
Now is a good time to start learning to sleep on your side. Laying on your back puts pressure on your vena cava. This pressure can cause a decrease in your blood pressure, which then causes dizziness. Lying on your back can also increase back pain, making it more difficult to digest food and more difficult to breathe...
The increase in circulation you are experiencing may cause your hormone levels to increase, bringing about an increase in libido. Your labia will darken and you also may notice veins on them that weren't there before...
Your breasts are continuing to grow, and you appetite is likely to increase as well...
The average weight gain for most women is approximately 5 to 10lbs :/ 
Due to the increase in your blood volume you may also be noticing the odd nosebleed or even a stuffy nose-which is a result of swollen nasal membranes... 


Yay... lots to look forward too lol... Oh and on the note from my last post about feeling the baby move... I definately think that is what i felt! :) I felt the same thing last night and this morning... and possibly today when I was on the computer, but as soon as I started to feel it my stomach growled and it distracted me... Hope everyone has a great rest of the week!!!!!! <3


 
 

 


5 comments:

  1. well well WELL... THATS a fun looking app! What's it called?!

    About your cysts: I think as long as you aren't in pain I wouldn't worry too much too soon. Have you done research on it/the size/etc? I wonder if it's a common pregnancy thing that alot of other women experience?

    Super excited that you ARE feeling baby. I remember it being so soft for a week or two before I really felt movements. I'm pretty sure that its BABY saying HI MOMMA!

    You are carrying low like I was with C... I still think you're having a girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am actually in the process of googling it now haha... I am trying to not look it up too much I dont want to read anything that is really going to freak me out haha...

    I am excited to feel baby too!! But like you said it is soooo soft I have to be laying down just focusing on nothing but my stomach and thats usually when I feel a flutter...

    I think girl too... haha so does everyone!! You are carrying low
    too! possibly another little girl for you too! :) I have to look at your pics from your pregnancy with C and compare :)

    And yes def boobies! These things are massive! I went and bought a DD bra and its already getting to small! ugh... I am really scared to see how big these things get through this whole process.. :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh and the app is called instacollage. I think its made by intagram...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omggg dbl d?!?! Holy smokes! Lol. Mine are still swollen and sore to the touch (nipple area only) i should probly get a bigger bra, but too lazy. For now, "sports bra friday" is now everyday! Lol! I think girl for me too.. im retardedly anxious to find out.. its unreal! And im sure u know exactlt how i feel :)

    ReplyDelete