Saturday, August 4, 2012

This and that...

Okay so I just want to talk/bog for a little bit lol...

Nothing really to exciting has happened lately since my last post but there are a few little milestones :)

Growing belly??? Yes I think so.... I have more and more random customers at work bring up my pregnancy... Like today... I was talking to this guy about how strong these dog pillows that we have smell like pencil shavings... He looks at me and says " well you clearly have a heightened sense of smell right now" as he smile and looks at my belly... :) hmm guess it is getting more and more obvious... which is fine with me.. I am glad people are noticing that I am pregnant and not just a big girl lol.... I then have a lady start talking to me about how I look like megan fox.. which has happened, no joke, everyday from someone since transformers first came out.... as soon as they start the sentence with "you prob get this a lot..." or "has anyone ever told you..." so annoying lol... okay sorry that was a little rant... but anyways she then goes to say... "wait isnt she pregnant too right now??" I answer yeah I think she is... she then says " how funny your guys are both pregnant." I just smile and say yup... thinking sarcastically in my head oh yeah it is so funny... actually hilarious... Those are the pregnancy hormones lol...

I also have more and more coworkers that I dont work with on a day to day and never told them about my pregnancy come up to me and ask if I am pregnant... Then I have one manager say to me "kim you look more and more pregnant everyday I see you." I am excited that my baby bump is showing/growing :) I can talk about my pregnancy and my baby all day (just like you Mel). :) This truly is an absolutely amazing experience and I am cherishing every moment of it :) I am very grateful to be able to have/carry a baby.. We have our 20 week ultrasound/anatomy scan in 12 days... I know all the talk is about what the sex of the baby is, but I can careless either way... All I want to know is that our little baby is as healthy and growing just like it should... Knowing that we find out about all the major organs and their development on that day I am even more nervous now.. It is really hard for me to not worry and think about the worst... And I know that is not a positive or healthy way to think before this, but as a mother-to-be how can it not be in the back of my mind?

Well here is a belly pic just for fun.. I put this one on fb I think I was 17 weeks and 1 day maybe 2d... I am wearing the maternity shirt that Bart's parents got for me... I absolutely love it... And i am pretty sure it will be the same shirt that I wear for our gender reveal photo shoot :)



Oh so the big move... its almost done!!! Woo Hoo!!! We have all of the boxes unpacked... well all but 3 or 4... which is awesome!!! I can see my kitchen counters lol.. here is a pic of the kitchen and our bedroom...






Obviously the kitchen lol... 




Bedroom.. closet is to the right, dresser and tv are right in front of the bed and Bart's dresser is right on the side of the pic... and nothing is decorated... :( prob wont be for a long time since we will be be spending most of our time on getting baby's room ready... lol... 






Washer and dryer... this is going to be very very very handy when baby is here... shoot its even handy now lol... 










 I will post pictures of the babies room when we start painting it in a couple weeks and start puting together the crib and all that fun stuff! :) The living room and bathroom pics with be posted at a later time too... still working on those two rooms :) We also have a garage which is awesome because of the weather here in Iowa... I wont have to scrape my windows because of all the ice and snow when  I am 9 months pregnant...

Here are some pregnancy facts about week 17 and all that good stuff about the little baby growing...

Baby is about palm-size now, with a crown-to-rump length of about 5 inches and an approximate weight of 5 (or more) ounces. Body fat is beginning to form, but your little one is still quite skinny, with skin that is pretty much translucent. This week your baby is all about practice, practice, practice in preperation for birth. One important skill your baby is sharpening now: sucking and swallowing ... 

Your uterus, now the size of a small melon, has grown large enough to rise out of the pelvic cavity and by the end of the month, you'll be able to feel the top of it around two inches below your belly button. (which is very true because I can feel mine at that almost exact location) BTW according to my what to expect when expecting book I start into my 5th month of pregnancy next Wednesday!! :) 

More baby info... After this week, the probability of pregnancy loss remains very low for the remainder of the 2nd trimester. Over the next three weeks a rapid growth spurt occurs that will effectively double the baby's weight. Your baby is developing new reflexes such as the startle reflex, which will cause it to jump at the sound of a loud noise. However, it is possible (and normal) that you haven't felt its movements yet.
Baby is now the same size as the placenta. Your baby;s brain is communicating constantly with the nervous system and muscles...

Baby's skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone, and the umbilical cord is growing stronger and thicker... <3  

Finally... I am feeling our baby move at least a couple times a day now...usually when I get up for work and when I am sitting down eating lunch or something like that... I cant wait until the kicks get strong enough for Bart to start feeling :) I can tell he is getting pretty anxious and really really wants to feel the baby lol... He has been absolutely amazing and so supportive through this pregnancy so far... there isn't a day/morning that goes by that he doesn't kiss my belly and talk to our baby... :) I know he is going to be a great dad :) oh and yesterday I got off work and met me at my work (costco) so we could go grocery shopping.. we needed to stock up on stuff since we moved... and I see him down the aisle and when he looks up and notices us (me and the baby) he gets the biggest smile and walks up to me and immediately leans over and kisses my belly and says hi to the baby... He then goes on to talk about how pregnant that I look and that there is definitely a baby growing in there... That whole time we were in the store he couldn't take his hand off my tummy... he would randomly just come up and start rubbing it lol.. It was to cute :) So in love with him and our baby... :) Well until Tuesday (weekly tummy pic update)... I hope everyone has a great rest of the weekend! <3







One last thing... I cant get enough of this cereal! I would say this is my first real craving...


3 comments:

  1. I will comment more later butbibhust had to say...I just bought that cereal too-----!!!!!!!!! I craved it for some reason even tho I've never had it before now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ..back at work on this FIINNNNE Monday morning... blog time! lol. Gotta love slow times between customers :)

    Haha about thye Megan Fox thing.. didn't customer at Chevron say that too? I have a customers who's daughter is about 17ish and she looks JUST like her its creepy! Pretty ladies yall are!

    So fun now that your coworkers (and some customers) are noticing your belly!!! Do you have a unifrm or do you wear everytday clothes? For me, at the bank, we're in "casual professional" (well IIIIiiii wear the casual-er kinds lol). ((BABY JSUT MOVED!)) So most of all my tops are now maternity ones, Very few non-maternity tops are still wear-able.. but sometimes I just make it work. :) My customers are saying the same things as yours. Some of them are "brave" to just ask ;how far are you' rather than the 'arrrreee uuuu pregnant??' like they would in the earlier weeks. It's totally obvious now and I LOVE IT! I embrace my bump. :)

    Super cute top for ur gender shoot! Gotta love inlaws ;) Well.. except mine doesnt buy me things.. lol. BUT on the upside, its super fun and I. can. not. wait. to. know. what. you're. having!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah people at chevron said that all the time lol... We get to wear jeans and just a regular top for work... semi casual I guess lol...

    Gotta love embracing the baby bump :)

    And that cereal is freaking amazing!!! aaaaaahhhhhmmmmaaazzing lol

    ReplyDelete