Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Weekly Tummy Pic...

Well I am 18w6d along today! <3 Where has time gone?















So we have our anatomy scan/gender ultrasound this Thursday!!!! Only 2 more days! I am so so so excited! We have our ultrasound at 830 in the morning but we will not know the sex of our baby until 6 in the evening! That is going to kill me having to wait that much longer! We are doing a gender reveal photo shoot, so we wanted to capture our expression of when we find out on film... It will be well worth the wait ;) I am excited bout knowing if we are having a boy or girl, but I am more worried about knowing baby is healthy! We did some of the genetic testing early on in our pregnancy, we finally got the results from that... We didn't care either way on what the results were, we only did it because we got to see baby on an ultrasound for about an hour, and insurance paid for it. So in our minds why not. :) I loved watching our baby wiggle around and see how much it has grown since our first ultrasound. Anyways the results came back negative for any neural tube defects, down syndrome, and trisomy 18 (I think that's what is was) with an 85%-90% accuracy. Like I said that doesn't really even matter to us, yes its a relief to not be high risk and stuff like that, but either way we will love our little baby more than anything. :) Here are some pictures of the box that we are going to use for our gender reveal.



The box when it is all closed up




The box is opened in this picture







 The top of the box when it is tied shut... Still have to add ? marks to the other side... Once I do that it will be all done!










Something very very exciting happened this past Sunday night (8-12-12)... Bart felt our baby move for the first time! :) :) :) He was so happy and excited... the expression on his face was priceless! So we were laying in bed watching tv, when I told him to put his hand on my tummy to see if he could feel the baby move... I had my hands there for a couple minutes before him and I could feel the baby, But usually as soon as I feel the baby move from the outside I feel it once or twice then it stops. But our baby's movements have been getting  a lot stronger lately. Anyways so Bart puts his hand on the right side of my belly, still had my hand on the left... I kept on feeling baby move and I would ask him if he felt it and he said no... So then I started to think that maybe I'm not actually feeling the baby and its all in my head lol... So I put his hand on the left side of my stomach and sure enough about 3 minutes later he felt our little one moving around... It was a pretty big movement, we both look at each other and I said "did you feel that?" he says "oooooooohhhhhhhhhh, yeah I felt that!"  He then asks me "was that the baby or your stomach?" I laugh and say "that was the baby, my stomach isn't in my uterus" Then he gets the biggest smile on his face. SO we lay there for about 10 more minutes I keep looking at him when the baby moves to see if he is feeling it and every time I look over he has a huge smile on his face. That moment was priceless.. The smile and the tone in his voice makes my heart melt ;) I am so happy he is able to experience what I have been feeling for a couple weeks now :)Once baby finally settled down and the movements weren't really happening to much anymore (assuming baby went to sleep) Bart leans down to my stomach and gives baby a kiss and tells baby "I love you"  By that point I had tears in my eyes and was trying so hard not to start balling... Love pregnancy hormones! <3


Okay so not much else to talk about until THURSDAY!!!!!!! <3 Here are some fact about me a baby for this upcoming week... 19....

Your baby's sensory development is exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now!

Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — About the size of a large heirloom tomato. Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.

Think you're big now? You'll start growing even faster in the weeks to come. As a result, you may notice some achiness in your lower abdomen or even an occasional brief, stabbing pain on one or both sides — especially when you shift position or at the end of an active day... (I think I have already been feeling this one!) 


Cant wait for my baby bump to keep growing :)

Here is a pic of my belly from the other morning... baby has usually been to the left side, but our little one is clearly favoring the right! <3 





2 comments:

  1. If I've learned anything while experiencing priceless moments about pregnancy, I've learned to NOT hold back the tears.
    This morning, I woke up at 325ish because Sissy was makin a lot of noise in her sleep. I tried to keep her asleep so I could get rest before my alarm...and she fell back to sleep pretty fast. I layed there with my hands on my tummy becasue I felt it starting to get hard. I felt him kick at my pokes and I LOST it. I'm not even going to candy coat this... I layed there weaping. Carl to my left and Cambria to my right, in the wing of my arm as I held her. I just cried like a little baby, Kim! SUCH a beautiful thing we have to experience. Just incredible.
    I cant wait for your reveal!!!! I am so excited for you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Mel that cute! Nothing wrong with a good cry... lol... And like you said it really is incredible what we get to experience! truly amazing!

    I'm super excited too! I am getting really anxious and impatient lol...

    ReplyDelete